Saturday, August 14, 2010

?????????????

Don't have much to say other than I'm pretty beat up and waiting on tomorrow to try and jump. I have a minor muscular irritation just below the outside of my left knee that apparently happened from over pronating as I begin my sprints. Will try to "jump only" (no sprinting) for two weeks and it will go away. Doesn't hurt to vault, only to accelerate rapidly to start sprints. I've had it before so no big deal; more of an annoyance than anything else.

Going to Kris on Thursday to get on my 14' 1" (4.30m) poles from my 6 step run (34'/10m). I want to be fresh for that so the week will be a little lighter. At the end of that practice I will also take off on one or both of my new 14' 7" (4.45m) poles. Looking forward to it. Have a great day! Bubba

PS - made our hotel reservations in Sacramento for Worlds before they are all gone. We're staying at a really nice place that Dean "The Machine" Gregory told me about. In fact he booked his too as he's coming down to the meet. Not real big about being around people before big events but Dean was a super hardcore training partner for years, so that type of company will be a big help. He flat out "gets it" about mental prep for big days. He will be able to help me sort out last minute thoughts and plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment