Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Day From 6 Steps = 12' 6" (3.81m)

I felt pretty bad this morning as my body continues to adapt to the full training load. Before I went out I was agitated because at various times I could feel something in my right groin, left knee, right Achilles and left hamstring. As I warmed up I never felt any of them to any significant level but overall my body and legs felt tight so I played it very safe.

I started from 6 steps on the 4m/13' 1"/176/14.7 at 11' (3.35m). This is the biggest pole I made 12' on from 4 steps on Sunday so I figured it would be a good warm up pole from 6 steps (34'/10m). I made 11' and 12' right away and then the pole started to get too small as my body got warmed up. Moved to the 4m/180.4/14.3 and made 12' by quite a long way and then blew through the pole pretty bad as it suddenly got little. I moved to my biggest 4m, a 182.6 (83kg)/13.5 and made 12' 6" (3.81m) on my first jump, tying my 6 steps PR, but it too was too small. My body felt like trash so I stopped rather than going into the shed and getting my 4.30m/14' 1" poles. I'll save that for Kris' place next Thursday.

Good day but I didn't make 12' 6" by much because the pole was too small. For me to jump 13' from that run for a new PR will take the 14' 1"/17.2 or 17.0. I doubt I can get on the 17.0 from that run so I'm sure I'll move on to 8 steps if I get stuck there. This will probably happen at Kris' next Thursday as this Sunday, on short rest, I will just try and duplicate what I did today.

Overall I was scattered in my thinking and focus today, maybe even distracted by my body and business workload, etc., so I'm pleased I could muster the focus to jump well but I was not sharp with my consistency at all. Though I had no really bad jumps, I only had three that I thought were really good and the 12' 6" jump was the worst of the day. Sloppy on a small pole but made it.

I've determined that I cannot stay at a particular run for a specified period of time, but rather need to move to the next one when I see that it is obvious that I can't use the next pole from that run after a couple of weeks. If I can make or have good jumps at 13' (3.97m) from 34'/6 steps, I'm way ahead of where I have ever been before so I need to focus on getting the most out of each run and pole and then move on.

Great result today but my body felt bad and I wasn't happy with my technique or focus. Hoping to clean some of that up Sunday. Thank you for being here. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment