Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Travel Day

Feel pretty good today and I jump tomorrow. Today is my driving day to see partners on business matters so maybe I'll get a light stretch when I get back this afternoon.

I've been toying with jumping on the new 14' 7" (4.45m) poles soon but I think I may just stay on schedule and get to it when it comes up in the order over the next 3-4 weeks. I told Kris we could do it when I come tom him a week from tomorrow and treat it like a "strength test" - a one day, see how it feels and then back to where I was test. I guess I'm more concerned that I ramp up properly with my technique and adjust my body to bigger poles slowly without one big slam. The reality is the pole wont be as big as the 14' 1s (4.30m) that they are replacing so that is an argument for trying it. I'll take them that day and we will see.

Right now I may be maxed out at 4 steps as I really don't think I can get on the next pole from that run. I'm already two poles bigger than I have ever been from 4. So tomorrow if the 14.3 does not move from 4 steps I will go to 6 steps for the first time. Surprisingly I am only one pole away from going to my 14' 1" poles and I haven't even gotten to 6 steps yet. At Reno in 2008 Paul Babbitts told me this would happen. Jump on small poles from close and you will find yourself on big poles much sooner than ever before. STILL, no reason to push the pace. I will get to longer runs soon enough and will get tons of longer run jumps.

The game plan right now is to progress to 16 steps by indoor nationals on March 5, and then spend the rest of March (except meets) at 8 steps, May = 10 steps, June =12 steps, and then back to 14 and 16 for the big three. This will allow me to revisit my technical efficiency while reducing the chance of getting hurt.

So there you have my rambling for an off day. Thanks for supporting me and have a great day! Only 11 more months of the grind. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment