Thursday, May 5, 2011

In the Dark

Yep - made a calculated guess that really is just a shot in the dark.  OR, it could fall under me being protected from me.  So today I'm late for the gym because a handyman is at the house.  Then on the way to the gym I have errands and then a phone call with Don about his jumping yesterday.  During this conversation I say that Saturday I am going to do some pole drills, slide box take offs, and maybe even a little 2,4,6 take offs on my real poles. 

About that time I see Nancy walking behind my car on the way into the gym.  She usually comes after I have started my cardio and does some bike of her own.  Right then I decided that I would not do cardio or bars, and that instead of my normal lifting I would do only one set of 6 but at a much heavier weight.  Not only that I would only do half the exercises.  

I'll lift tomorrow as usual but today is the day that drains my legs. The hope is I feel really good and mostly healed by Saturday. Of course I should be since its been four weeks. This type of testing needs to be done totally fresh so I feel instinctively this is the right decision for today.

It's really been bothering me that I will be going to a meet three weeks from Saturday yet I have not left the ground since March 5, in Albuquerque.  This will help me to "engage the pole" again in a low risk manner.  Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment