Sunday, May 22, 2011

Recharging My Good Luck Penny

With my first meet in a few months on Saturday, the grind is temporarily over as I fine tune and refocus to see if I am still a pole vaulter and not just a workout/gym rat.  I feel like I will be fine but it's too late in the game for physical mistakes.  I can't afford to get hurt so I will go very easy through this meet and the River Vault the next weekend.  As I said, four weeks from tomorrow is the National Senior Games so I need to be ready for that.  Doesn't matter what I do at these two meets other than get my bearings of vaulting in a meet again.

Great workout in the gym as my cardio dropped to eight minutes from 12 and all of my lifts went to 8,4 but much heavier.  The other focus this week will be stretching.  MUST STRETCH every day!!  Normally easy but I will be out of town on Wednesday and Thursday.  I WILL STRETCH THOSE DAYS!!  I MUST!!

The song that jumped out at me during training today was a song about being faced with very tough situations and how it would be handled.  Do you have the guts to get through the toughest times?  From the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "The Impression That I Get"  Have a great Sunday and thanks for being here with me.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment