Monday, May 30, 2011

Three Weeks Out = Tunnel Vision

I had a really good lift, bars and stretch in the hot garage this morning but held off posting this until the real test this afternoon - 10 X 50m hill/sleds in 96 degree heat.  I've been going out in the heat in preparation for NSG and Sacramento but today the concern was how bad would the outside of my left knee be?  It flared badly at the meet Satruday and I felt it yesterday on my stairs, and some just walking around the house.  So two days after it nearly stopped me at a meet, how would it feel and why would I be testing it?

I got up to 50-60% and it felt pretty good though I could feel I was staying just below the flare threshold.  Pretty dang good considering I could not walk without a limp two days ago.  This just assures me that it is a tendonitis which will immediately respond to a cortisone injection. 

The WHY about today is that I have an appointment with my sportsmed physician at 8 AM tomorrow and if he shoots it I can't run for 3-4 days.  I can't afford to miss that running rotation so I went a day early.  Of course I will report back what the expert has to say but as of right now and this second, I'm very optimistic I will be 100% for NSG - three weeks from today. Thank you and have a great day!  Bubba

Sammy Hagar/Van Halen - "There's Only One Way to Rock".  It came up on hill/sled #6 when I was really struggling in the heat to get my breath and keep on grinding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCCWXAp49So&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment