Saturday, May 28, 2011

Not As Bad As It Seemed

WELL, warm up went well and I felt pretty good and the conditions were good.  On my last take off I felt a little stinging flare on the outside of my left knee.  I had felt this for the first time 8 days ago on my 3rd day to jump in 6 days and thought nothing of it.  I sat around until time to jump and really thought I should probably just scratch and not jump.  BUT, on my run through it wasn't bad so I decided to give it a try.  Made 11' 6" (3.51m) and 12' (3.66m) easily on first jumps.  At 12' 6" (3.81m) I moved back a stride and up a pole like always and had big height as you see in the video below, but didn't leave it up.  Each jump of the next two my knee flared more but my run was better and I was too under at take off.  On jump 3 I nearly missed the plant box I was so under so I was running well.  It didn't affect my ability to jump but of course it bothered me that it was there and flaring.
SO, it did not affect my speed or my strength so it is not an injury or a ding.  Because it came on more as a flare yet I could still jump, then it is a tendinitis on the outside of my knee.  I hope to get it injected with cortisone Tuesday and jump in the River Vault Saturday.  If needed I hope to get it injected again the Monday after that.  I NEED one more jump day to feel a bit more in sync but I'm pretty pleased with where I am; but NOT with only jumping 12'.

I'm NOT a country music fan at all but I do like a local group called the PC Cowboys because they are basically a comedy act.  Since Father's Day is coming maybe you will like this clip of "Someone's Dad".  Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment