Sunday, May 29, 2011

"TCB - Taking Care of Business" - Kramer on Seinfeld

I've made the decision not to go to the San Marcos River Vault next week.  I went into that meet yesterday treating it as a practice and I'm pretty pleased with how it went considering it's my first meet since March 5.  After seeing the video and the amount of height I had on 12' 6" (3.81m) on a small pole, I feel I need to stick with my running and get this knee handled.  This way I am certain to go into NSG 100% healthy and my running speed and plant timing will be sharpened. Why the change in plans?

I went into the gym this morning to start my cardio on the stairs and really didn't know if I could do it at all because I wear ankle weights and because it requires my foot to pronate every step.  It felt a little sore and stiff at first but within two minutes I was cranking along with little problem.  Lifted all of my legs with no pain.  In fact, I felt pretty spectacular as far as strength and conditioning goes.  I usually don't feel that well the day after a meet so I must be making progress.

I emailed a lengthy letter to my sportsmed physician about 6 AM and before I even left for the gym at 8:30 he had responded that he will see me Tuesday morning at 8 AM and that this will not be a problem.  Sure made it easier to blast away in the gym. 

For better or worse I feel real confident right now. I'm strong and fast and moving poles with no practice that used to require work.  I wish I had jumped higher yesterday but it's not like I didn't have the height. I think I was more held down by the rust of not jumping.

Over the next few weeks I'll continue on with my ramp up, tons of pole plant/take off drills and be ready to go.  Thank you for all of your support and have a great Sunday!!  Bubba

TCB - The scene from Seinfeld
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKs6y9_d2ps

Taking Care of Business - The song by Bachman Turner Overdrive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCIUf8eYPqA&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment