Saturday, May 14, 2011

Off Day

I'm being a little facetious here in that I'm really swamped with work stuff but this is a rare day off from training.  My plan was to jump today but I did it yesterday so today I'll chill and get back to the gym tomorrow.  The truth is you never know how you will feel after a jump day for maybe 2-3 days later.  It's like you put your hand under hot water and then pull it back. It doesn't burn right away but you know it's coming in a big wave.  Same with your body.  Just because it doesn't explode at the time of the activity doesn't mean you're safe. I call this the "aftershock" and here is the Van Halen song, Aftershock" that reminds me of it.  This was the last song I listened to before walking out to the field at the 1997 World Championships in South Africa.  Pulled a hamstring on my 1st jump clearance at 4m (13' 1 1/2") but held on for the bronze.  Have a great day!  Bubba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkFqLQWy5fA

No comments:

Post a Comment