Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rocking Through Another Workout

As you know, I began playing guitar six months ago. Apparently, 2000 Olympian, Chad Harting's cat did too. Rock on!!

Today was another good day in the gym.  My fitness level is rising so the intensity is too.  Certainly it's physically taxing but it is also draining on the mind which is good for mental conditioning.  As I do the stairs or bike I try not to look at the time remaining (12 minutes each) but rather try and focus on each individual step or pedal while allowing myself to be distracted by music or ESPN.  Whatever gets you through.  I'm trying to learn to love the things I hate.  The benfit has already proven worth the effort.

Seven weeks from tomorrow is my day at the National Senior Games.  Plenty of time to get where I need to get.  I don't have time to get hurt and recover but plenty of time if I stay well; and I will. Three weeks and two days later is my day at the World Masters Championships.  Again, stay focused on the little details daily, don't look ahead, and stay patient.  Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment