Tuesday, December 6, 2011

California Dreamin'

Every time it rains there is snow in the local mountains where skiing is 1.5 hours away.

Tonight is my last night in California in a hotel as a visitor as a week from tomorrow I will be living here.  I've really enjoyed my time back in Texas but I am so sick of traveling back and forth to California it will be nice to be in one place.  Not to mention that the weather is more consistent for training. 

One thing many don't know is the diversity of nearby attractions.  From my home in Dana Point I am half way between Los Angeles and San Diego - 1:15 hours away.  I'm 1.5 hours from the desert in Palm Springs, the mountains, Catalina Island, Hollywood, etc.  I'm 30 minutes from a large outdoor amphitheatre with great acts like we get in The Woodlands.  I'm 45 minutes from Disneyland and Anaheim stadium where they actually play major league baseball instead of the minor league team the Astros have.  Of course we don't have a football team but that just means we get to see the best games.  Sure there is the crowds, traffic, cost of living, etc.  But I lived here with it just fine for 24 years.  Something about walking out into your living room and seeing the Pacific Ocean that melts all of that other stuff away.

I will definitely miss my family and friends in Texas but from a work and business opportunity perspective, I need to be back in California.  As always, I plan t make the best of it.  Have a great day and thanks for your support!  California Dreamin' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN3GbF9Bx6E  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment