Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sunsets & Rainbows

Just as every sunset and snowflake are different, so is every rainbow.  Driving over Cajon Pass near San Diego, Don shot this rainbow just as we came out of a snowstorm.  He said he hopes this is a sign of good things to come.  Today he asked me how an important business meeting went.  When I told him it went fantastic and that the big deal is 100% go he reminded me of the rainbow photo.  Thanks for the good wishes Don!  Don is the best friend I have ever had.  We have vaulted together for 45 years.  I won't really miss him because I know he will come visit and I still will go to Texas.  I couldn't imagine that any other way.

The truth is that I am happy by nature though I live a somewhat tortured existence.  I'm very upbeat and optimistic but I'm always pushing the pace to get better, do better or be better.  Of course rarely do those things match up but that doesn't stop my desire. Some people tell me I always look too serious.  It's funny because I like this edge.  It drives me.  Every time I have backed off and let things go at their own pace they have failed or been delayed.  Strange huh?

In short I am very happy and feel very blessed.  Thank you all for being here and your interest and support!  Bubba

"What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TwT69i1lU

No comments:

Post a Comment