Thursday, January 13, 2011

Odd Day @ the Gym

Got on the stairs and bike today and felt really good so was cranking away like usual. Got to the lifts and bars and they felt good so I was going hard at that too. Then a guy I haven't seen for a long time came over and started talking to me. Fortunately I was almost done, but it just completely took all of the steam out of my session and actually made me feel tired. I had four exercises left and people were on them either reading or looking at their phones and I just wanted to yell - GET THE HELL OUR OF THE WAY!! THAT IS NOT WORKING OUT!! Instead I left without stretching. This is a FAILED day in my eyes because I rarely let anything else throw me off of my appointed task.

If I had it to do over again I would do the same because Sal is the manager of a restaurant we always go to and he is being transferred back to the one by our house. I had gotten enough done but this shows why I don't talk to people at the gym; I'm working out. So after a nice visit with Sal, checking up on his son and dog, transfer, etc., he gave me a hug and said, "great to see you GREG!". That about sums up the day at the gym and I suddenly find that very ironic and funny. Have a great day and thanks for being here. Bubba - AKA - Doug or Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment