Friday, January 14, 2011

Two Weeks Until Reno

At 5:30, in two weeks from this moment, I'll have finished my warm up and be waiting to start jumping in the meet. My final plans are starting to shape up. I changed my lifting today from 8,8,6,6 to 6,6,4,4 with a 20 rep max (instead of 28) per secondary exercise. Not surprisingly in two weeks I have already gotten stronger as I'm doing my "6" sets with what I use to do for 4s. The most important thing now is to make sure I get my full stretching in each day and miss no scheduled workouts no matter what the weather or how I feel.

Monday I'll hit the diet correction. I like to train 3-4 lbs. (2 kg) heavy and then lean down for the meet. I'm faster on the runway, hold my positions better and the poles throw me harder. Everything feels quicker. So I've upped the bars and added about 25% to my stretches.

I think that is about it for now but I will have more thoughts as I get closer. Have a great day and thanks for your support. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment