Monday, January 31, 2011

Phase Break

I leave for Florida tomorrow until Saturday and will resume my training on Sunday, giving me an eight day phase break. I'm healthy and unhurt after Reno so I want to refresh and then recharge before indoor nationals on March 5, in Albuquerque.

Penny for your thoughts? Too much to tell!! I talked to Kris today and we went over some stuff and finalized the plan. Mainly we agreed that our last plan worked and just made a few modifications. We're really pleased with the response of my poles but think the goal is that we need to bump up some training to try and get to them from one stride closer with a slightly higher grip. Not far off from that but we think it is half technical and half strength/speed. Albuquerque has a fast runway so I should be ready by then.

If you go to my Facebook page you can scroll down and see the 4.10m (13' 5 1/4") jump. Click on the New Project [HG] button for a larger and cleaner view. You can hit the pause button to see the different phases. I asked that the standards be pulled up to 70cm but they left them on 80cm, so had that bar fallen I would have gotten another attempt. I hit it harder than I remember but I also cleared it by farther than I remember. If I can get on that pole from one stride closer then I can jump 14' (4.27m) on that pole and still have one left that is bigger.
http://www.facebook.com/?tid=1285715399869&sk=messages#!/profile.php?id=815472367

We laid out the plan for after nationals as well so my thoughts add up to far more than a penny, and so does my passion for this to work. Pretty excited. Thanks so much for your very kind emails, Facebook posts, calls, etc. It really means a lot to me. All the best! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment