Monday, April 25, 2011

Back to Basics

At the beginning of a long ramp up phase I really try to go back to basics as far as form, breathing, attention to detail etc.  There are few things harder that what these people above are doing.  I'm not going that far back to basics right now but I will when the season ends.  If their weight was 45 lbs (20 kg) like an Olympic bar it would be much easier than the PVC bar as the weight helps them balance.

Loved my session today.  My body felt great and my shoulder thing was nearly nonexistent.  I feel fit and ready to gain momentum a little at a time. 

Entries closed last night to the World Masters Championships and we ended up with 28 vaulters, with seven over 13' (3.95m).  It's going to be a tough one.  I'll just focus on me and my plan so I can really enjoy the event when I arrive.  That said, it's not quite May 1, and I'm already thinking details about July 13.  That's how it's done and I enjoy that process. 

All the best and have a great day.  Thank you for being here!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment