Friday, April 1, 2011

The Year of Weird

So many things have been strange this year;

  • I've only vaulted on my cut 4.45/14' 7" poles

  • Though I've had tons of height I couldn't find a way to leave up 13'/3.97m in a meet

  • The day I did I won my pit in Reno, got indoor PRs of 13' 1 1/2"/4m and 13' 5 1/4"/4.10m

  • Got 4th at nationals at 13' - historic competition

  • Trained through the winter and have not jumped in practice since October

  • Doing off-season type training NOW, in the middle of what should be my outdoor season

  • I'll jump maybe 5-6 more times this year, ALL in meets

  • As soon as the season is over I start jumping 2-3 days a week working up from my very smallest poles

  • I'll run four days a week and lift six and do bars on six to get ready for 2013 when I turn 60
I have no idea if and when I will compete in 2012. Weird for me. Thanks for your support! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment