Saturday, April 30, 2011

Turning the Corner

Had a very good day running this morning and feel like I've turned the corner on the little dings.  Like I said once before, when you protect areas during healing they grow tight and you begin to feel pains that really aren't there (you hope), which I call phantom pains.  The other part is that you feel like the Tin Man above, EVERYTHING hurts until you start moving around a little. 

Today I made the executive decision to do my first day back with sprint drills in my ankle weights.  I was going to wait a week but figured that the resistance might actually help me rehab faster as long as I was careful.  Not only did it work out great, I felt like a week or so from now when I can really start to open up with speed and power that I will have another faster gear. 

This is the best I have felt since Albuquerque. ALL of the cardio and low level 100ms and 50ms are really paying off and I still have just over seven weeks before National Senior Games. Next week I'll add the big pole drills and then the following week maybe do some 2, 4,and 6 step take offs.  OPTIMISM with reason is a nice change of feeling.  Have a wonderful day and thanks for being here.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment