Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Plan Rationale

The Captain pulls us out of Miami. Photo taken from my balcony, two suites down from the wheelhouse.
And here is a picture of me from the wheelhouse taken by Nancy from our private tour this morning.
After much review I have determined that my little sensitive inner leg ding is because I was using a running posture and power that I don't use when I vault.  My guess is that Saturday I will be able to complete 10 sled/hill pulls with medium intensity without incident, whereas 6 grass strides at 20% was too much.  It would take me about two pages to explain why I know this is going to be the case so I won't bore you.  It's mainly based on the run mechanics of me on the runway vs. the run mechanics of me on flat ground with no pole.

All of this said, I'm back to my regular training as of Saturday and will plan on vaulting once on Saturday, May 7 and then I'm ready to go.  I have a meet on May 28, and then National Senior Games on Monday, June 20, followed by Worlds on Wednesday June 13.  I really think the plan is perfect and I will be ready.

BUT - if I'm wrong then I'll know Saturday and major adjustments will be needed.  Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment