Thursday, April 28, 2011

Phantom Pains

An interesting phenomenon is going on with me right now - phantom pains.  I feel a little stinging behind my left knee where I got the ding at Nationals, yet when I put my hand back there, run, do stairs with ankle weights, or even do hamstring curls, I feel nothing.  I also noticed this after my Achilles surgeries - dull pain or aches that were really no longer there.  My gut response is GIVE ME A BREAK - I get enough dings without having fake ones.  That said, I'll take the phantom ones over the real ones any day.

Felt pretty spectacular at points in the gym today.  The cardio component is really coming around as I am able to push myself harder as it gets harder rather than back off to recover.  I feel very good about where I am and where I'm going.  As strange as this sounds, I'm in no rush to return to the runway.  It's more important that my body and fitness are very high before I do.  Sure I will mess around a little and start my big pole drills again Saturday but I don't have the need to actually vault right now.  Patience Grasshoppa.

Have a great day and thanks for your support!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment