Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day Off - Happy Easter!!

I'm taking the day off as my final eight weeks of training to the National Senior Games starts tomorrow.  I feel really good but I have a minor shoulder issue from a bar exercise I discontinued and want to give it an extra few days. I do different bar exercises each day but I don't do anything that makes me feel this area until Thursday if I miss today.  Good call.

Tonight at midnight Pacific time the entries will close to the World Masters Championships in Sacramento in July.  I think as of yesterday there were 23 or 24 in my group and I expect maybe we will end up with 27-28 ish?  So far all of the usual suspects are in except my buddy Kirk Bentz, who I know will get entered. We emailed yesterday about him coming to Houston for the NSG.  Kirk - as a friend, don't do it! Your son is getting married in San Francisco on the 18th and we jump on the 20th.  With only 10 guys in the field and Worlds just three weeks after, don't risk getting hurt.  If it wasn't here I wouldn't jump.  You have a great chance at a medal at the BIG meet.

Have a great Easter everyone!!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment