Friday, April 22, 2011

The Road Begins Here

With the National Senior Games only eight weeks from Monday, the final stretch all comes down to what I do for this time period.  Pretty harsh considering I have been training all year for this but that IS the reality of the final phases of big meet preparation.  I will do well or fall below expectations depending upon how well I follow the details of my plan.  The hard part is that the stretching is the most time consuming but also the easiest so the tendency is to cut it short.  I can't do that.  I need to start 30-60 minutes earlier than usual so I have no time constraints.  The first day on this road is tomorrow where I will attempt to complete my full running for the first time since my little inside leg ding.  Of course I will go slow and take it easy but I feel good about it.  Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment