Tuesday, April 19, 2011

More Sleds

Day two of 10 X 50m hill/sleds and I was able to run a little faster and still felt no pain.  I think part of the rehab is the walk back as it requires a kind of pulling of the legs that engages the spot that was dinged.  Still - it felt good so I will continue to slowly progress the tension.

Kris and I decided that I would hit the hill/sleds three times a week and keep up the two days of cardio, and only break for one training rotation in prepeartion to vault. I will first try to vault on Saturday, May 7.  If that doesn't feel right then I'll wait until the May 28 meet three weeks later.  Three weeks after that is National Senior Games and three weeks after that are Worlds.  So equal three week rotations before vaulitng gives me a chance to continue to improve physicially. 

Unfortunately to vault at a high level with the smallest chance of injury, you need to be fresh so that means you have to skip or scale back some training.  I don't want to stay where I am for the next 12 weeks, I want to continue to improve so that's why this plan will work.

Other changes are going 8,8,6,6 on day one and 6,6,4,4, on my lifting instead of 8,6,4 and 6,4,2.  This will allow me to continue to improve instead of just maintaining.  IF I were vaulting a lot I would seek to maintain but since I will not vault I need to keep getting stronger and faster.

Two of my next three meets have massive tailwinds so that should get me some big pole experience without having to push my run on the runway.  The good thing about that is that if I get in the situation in Sacramento where I need a particular pole I will alrewady know how that feels.  Wait a minute - I jumped on every pole I have in Reno.  That's my point - I need more experience on them since Reno was my first time ever to be on three of those poles.

Thank you for you support and encouragment.  It means the world to me.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment