Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Could it Be? Don't Think So

Today I added sprint drills back into my running and also bumped the sled weight to 15 lbs. instead of 10.  I felt really powerful and reasonably fast, BUT, about half way through I felt a simmering knee flare rising.  It never actually flared and I was able to finish the workout with no limitations but as a precaution I made a call for an appointment with Dr. Rand a week from Thursday just in case. (They just called back - Thursday at 2:20).  Hopefully I will just need to cancel it.  I could feel it some during stretching afterwards but it didn't have that same ache to it as it did before. Long story short, I think/hope it's just adjusting to the higher level of running as today was by far the hardest I have run in a few months.

OK, we jump at 8 AM in Sacramento at Worlds.  I'm an early riser coming from a time zone two hours ahead so that should be fine.  On my jump days I try to be on the runway at 7 AM anyway so this will be no big deal.  According to a post on masterstrack.com, this time last year the high was 97 but it was 63 at 8 AM so I don't think I could ask for a more perfect scenario for our group.

NSG?  No schedule STILL!!  The last two days it has been 105, a record by seven degrees for both days.  It rained yesterday afternoon and dropped to 74 in only 20 minutes.  I really don't care when I jump but I want to know. That mental preparation thing you know.

Today's song that jumped out at me was Foo Fighters, "Learn to Fly", an old pole vault standard. In the video Dave Grohl does his best Eddie Murphy impression by playing many characters. Good song anyway.  have a great day!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment