Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'm Not Hurt!! YEAH!!

I ran 10 X 50m hill sleds today with no limitations other than lack of oxygen from the heat and thick humidity.  I ran as fast as I wanted to/was capable of.  I felt no pain or stiffness/tightness in the left hamstring behind the knee.  I'm sure you remember that this was bothering me going into NSG and I stopped after my easy 12' 4" clearance as not to jeopardize Worlds and then Nationals.  I was absolutely certain that if I took the next jump I would get a ding like I got at Albuquerque and in essence knock myself out of the the big picture meet.  So for now at least, I am safe and will be ready.

Our poles will be shipped on Friday and I vault two weeks from Wednesday.  We are shipping four bags of poles which contain poles for seven vaulters.  We will take the total bill and split it seven ways which is FAR cheaper than trying to do it on our own.  The way is works is that they are picked up from the high school and then delivered to the stadium in Sacramento. After the meet we put the return labels on and then two days later the poles show up at the high school again.  Hassle free and you have confirmation the poles are there before you get on the plane.

That's it for today. Trying to get back in the swing of things so I'll start adding photos and music again as I settle back into my training.  Right now I'm just playing catch up and trying to get back on track.  Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment