Thursday, June 2, 2011

More Developments

Yep, another day, another brick in the wall.  Good hard gym and cardio day as I work toward a phase break leading up to the National Senior Games.  Right now I'm in the final really hard sessions so music drives me through the tough spots.  Today it was Metallica's "Fuel" that did the trick to get me over the hump. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1cjHbXdU0s&feature=relmfu

Still no schedule for NSG which is just plain STUPID. How do you expect 12,000 athletes in 18 sports to come to town and not know what time of day they compete?  Especially with Worlds only three weeks later?  This happens more often than not, but since entries have been closed for over two months how is it possible?

Cleveland?!  YES!!  Our national outdoor meet is there at the end of July so I've been hoping to make that trip.  All flights have had stops and the cost was nearly $500.  I've always heard that Tuesday is the day to look but I've been having good luck on Thursdays. So after lunch today I about fell over when I saw a nonstop for $207.  I quickly booked that and the meet hotel, which happened to be only $104 per night.

Last night I got a call from Bruce Caldwell of Essx, my pole manufacturer and friend for 35 years.  He says, "I'm working on some new carbon designs and want to get a new pole to you for your big meets coming up".  WOW - that's the kind of call I like to get.  At Reno I jumped 4.10m (13' 6") on m 14.3 but my 14.0 was too big so he is going to try to hit one in between. He also wants to ship me some poles for other athletes coming to NSG.

That's it for today.  Tonight I'll take a good look and my final calender and figure out the details of what sessions are left.  I have kind of played it out in my mind but need to compare for the exact plan. Have a great day and thanks for being here!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment