Monday, June 6, 2011

Striking Distance? Maybe!

I'm always surprised by how far away from prime shape I can drift in only two weeks after a big meet.  I also know that if I am where I'm supposed to be, like right now, two weeks feels like the perfect ramp up time to get ready.  If I'm in "striking distance", where I always try to stay, I can be ready for anything big in 4-6 weeks.  So the challenge is that, though I'm perfectly ready for the National Senior Games two weeks from today, will I be ready again for Worlds three weeks and two days later?

I'll skip a rotation before and after NSG so basically I will have a week off with NSG in the center of that break. I'll come back with 20 days left to Worlds.  Should be enough to get back on track.  I know this sounds dumb, but the objective is to continue to improve up and through Worlds.  To improve means I can't have a real break between the two.  Holding the same level of preparedness is actually a step backward.  So I will be cautious in my plan to assure that I continue to move forward through NSG.  Being ready for outdoor nationals in Cleveland a little over two weeks later is yet another challenge but not nearly as much so as this first one.

In all cases it is about capitalizing on the opportunities as they present themselves.  Today's music is from Eminem who describes that in the song, Lose Yourself".  Have a great day and thanks for your support.  Bubba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLSkcXDHuMY

No comments:

Post a Comment