Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Last Garage Lift Day - Yahoooo!

My Garage Gym
All of this pushes to the wall so both cars fit in.

The caption says it all.  Hot day but a good day.  I got 4 X 225 on my bench strength test, which is not "Dan West" level but good for me.  Before Sydney I got 2 X 225 and before Reno I got 1 X 225.  So the "back to basics" type of lifting has paid off.  Does it mean I jump higher?  Don't know but I should have a better ability to hit the pole a bit more solid.

I'm picking up Kirk's poles from LA on Friday as he heads off to his son's wedding in San Francisco and flies into Houston on Father's Day.  Since we jump early Monday he won't have time to get them so I'll grab them for him.  The freight office is actually very close to the track.  If he gets in soon enough he may come over on Sunday. Going to be a great week for seeing friends.  On my way to Sydney Kirk came out and hung out with me at LAX for two hours.  I won the World Masters Games and he won World Indoors four months later. I consider him one of my best friends.  I just wish he wasn't in my age group.  ;-)

Right now my body is ready.  I feel good and should be up for Monday.  But you just never know until that day.  Funny how these aging bodies respond.  Today I'm putting up a hard rock song by Godsmack, "I Stand Alone".  Not much into the video but the song has gotten me through some pretty hard grinds.  Have a great day and thanks for being here!  Bubba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYjZK_6i37M

No comments:

Post a Comment