Thursday, June 16, 2011

Working Man

Well today was my last training day before NSG.  I went 6 X 50m hill/sleds alternated with five sprint drills with ankle weights and no sled.  I've got stretching every day but no more running, bars, lifting, etc.  "The hay is in the barn" as my coach Kris Allison says.  I just need to rest and get ready mentally.  Let the fun begin.

Don went over to the meet stadium today for a short vault session as it was open for practice.  I guess they do have two pits out so that's helpful. One has a decent wind and one has a swirly wind.  They have a place to store poles so I think I'll take mine over tomorrow when I pick up Kirk's from air freight.  He's got his hands full with his son getting married in San Francisco this weekend.  He would do the same for me in a second so I'm happy to help out.  Less hassle on the morning of the meet anyway.

Tomorrow we're having a little vault meet/session at 4 PM at The Woodlands High School for some out of towners who want to jump. Then we will head over to my house for BBQ and pole vault videos. What else would you expect?

On Saturday Mike Soule gets in from Minnesota so I'll grab him at the airport and we'll go get signed up for the meet since he high jumps early Sunday morning.  Sunday afternoon is Father's Day so my dad will come over with my brother and his wife.  I'm glad all of these things are going on to make the time pass faster and keep me relaxed.

I leave you today with a song I loved in college by Rush, "Working Man".  A Canadian band that first gained popularity when a Cleveland rock station picked them up as an anthem to their blue collar workers. Soon afterwards college radio stations picked them up.  Have a great day and thanks for being here. Bubba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h59mDlBSt7o

No comments:

Post a Comment