Saturday, June 18, 2011

Need My Oil - Active Rest/Stretch

When the body gets a day or two off, all of the "healing" parts tend to "heal short".  Things feel stiff and maybe you get a little muscle or joint pain where you had no idea you had it.  Because of this I'm doing some active rest and stretching every day.  This movement creates lubrication in the joints and keeps from getting sticking points.  Like the tin man, I need my oil.

I bring this up because yesterday I started feeling a little muscular soreness and weakness on the inside of my lower right leg above the knee.  This is roughly the same area I strained on my left leg that cost me a few weeks after my hamstring was healed after Albuquerque. This morning I still felt it so I went to the gym to stretch.  In the gym I stretch over a higher bar and can more easily control other stretches.  I felt nothing.  I really don't think it is anything because I had no "event" nor did I feel it at all on the last day I ran.  Tomorrow I will try a few other things that I would normally do the day before a meet and see how that feels.  Makes me nervous but I expect it to be fine.  We will see.

We had a nice gathering of 10 last night for our BBQ.  A few people vaulted but we were all happy to escape the heat and get into the house.  Lot's of great company, food and talk. Very fun.

I have about three other topics I was going to run down here but I think I will save them and give my brain a break. Thanks so much for being here.  Today's song is by Midnight Oil, "Burning Beds".  Jan Johnson has a vault video where this song is playing and I can picture in my head every single shot of vaults or training in this video.  Have a great day!  Bubba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejorQVy3m8E

No comments:

Post a Comment