Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Woodchuck Diversion

The Geico Woodchucks
Kris and Robbie had their 2nd day of the clinic today and it went well.  Afterward we had our final all comers meet.  Our best girl, Jillian (11' 6"/3.51m) was out at 8 doing her freshman collegiate conditioning program when I was running my sleds, then she did the PV clinic at 9, and jumped in the all comers meet at 5.  Studette.

I felt good on my 10 X 50m hills/sleds.  I ran for rythym up to 80% with only a walk back as a rest.  Tough on the wind for sure but my body felt good.

I jump at Worlds two weeks from tomorrow so as things slow down I seem to be starting to unwind and find myself being easily amused.  I LOVED the Geico Woodchuck commercial and they have just started running it again - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjGwusHrOtk

Musically my attention has been brought to old school rock.  Not only have I heard these two songs on my MP3 for the first time in a long time, I also saw them on VH1 and even saw an article about the "oldest classic rock".  That many mentions seem to be too much of a coincidence to not mention.  The songs?  Alice Cooper's, "School's Out" and Foghat's, "I Just Want to Make Love to You".  Of course both evoke fond memories as I can almost picture what I was doing when I first started hearing them years ago.

I guess you call today a mental vacation but in was mindless fun nonetheless.  Have a great day and thank you for being here.  Bubba

School's Out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qga5eONXU_4
I Wanna Make Love to You - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCkZWyohP7M

No comments:

Post a Comment