Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Time

Well the temps have backed off to under 100 but summer is here.  I was thinking last night that I have only vaulted six times this year so far and the next three times will be at huge meets.  Of course of the six times I have jumped only two have been low level practices.  This is far from the norm for me but my goal this year was to only jump on big poles and to do that you must be fresh and cautious. 

Can't wait for next year where I vault twice a week as my priority.  But right now it's summertime.  All I think about when I'm grinding away for nine months with next to no meets is that I can't wait for the summer to be able and ready to jump at a high level in the big meets. It's here.  Will I be ready?  Yes!!

Today I had total brain freeze and set my stairs at the wrong speed (one level lower) which had me set my bike at the wrong level, etc.  So it turned out to be a bit easier than I wanted but considering I'm running tomorrow instead of Saturday, and my last gym workout is Sunday, it was probably a subconscious message to me to go easier today. That said all lifting and bars continued to feel really good.  Again, Sunday will be my last lift day (8 days out) and I will push it hard, so a medium day today is acceptable.

Thanks for your support and being here for and with me.  Have a great day.  Bubba

Here is one of my favorite easy cruising songs, Sublime's, "Summertime". 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxGh6VGxuw0

No comments:

Post a Comment