Sunday, April 18, 2010

Back to Square One

Yesterday I went out and took seven very low level vaults on a tiny pole from only a 22' run. I stopped because I felt some weird little strain coming in my left forearm. I could feel my back a little but only when I landed and then it wasn't bad. Last night it didn't bother me but today I'm right back where I was before I went to see Ashley Friday - DYING with nerve pain.

Needless to say I'm out for three weeks at this point for sure. I'm fine with that but I needed to know where I was. Was this an impinged nerve and would the head of my femur coming out of a jammed position resolve the issue? The answer is no. But I needed to know so I felt a low level session would be safe. Next Sunday I have a meet and I wanted to know if I could vault. No! If this worked and I felt OK then I could go to Hawaii in two weeks and come back still in shape. Instead I've got three weeks of nothing and then a slow ramp up back. SUCKS!! The ONLY reason I risked it is because I see Dr. Clouthier, Ashely and Sakina on Monday morning. Right now it feels like it will be a long time away. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment