Sunday, April 4, 2010

Feeling Good

It was a little drizzly this morning when I went to run my 10 X 50 hill/sleds so I decided to stick to the plan and not jump. The groin issue I had was pretty much gone today so I will hit my jump day next Thursday. Normally I feel the groin when running the hill/sled series because it forces you to drive your knees but I felt nothing on any of them. Needless to say I'm very pleased with that.

The other lifting stuff is going great. I figure by the time I go to Hawaii in early May I will finally be back in good overall shape to jump high before the big meets roll around. If the leg continues to progress I will go ahead and jump on 4/25 at the Brazos Valley Senior Games.

Business has me hopping so I won't see Ashley for my massage/torture until Friday or maybe even Monday. Her work has really loosened up my legs a lot. I almost have to learn to run again because this new mobility can cause you injury of you're not careful.

A lot of power to control the vault comes from strong lower abs. You can do 5,000 sit ups a day and you still won't be able to bring yourself to vertical on a high bar. The two are just unrelated, hence I never do sit ups. That said, today I went over 10,000 weighted high bar exercises since I started back on January 1, 2005. I remember that it took me nearly two weeks to do one "rollback" on my parallel high bar and now I do sets of 10 with ankle weights and weighted pants. Just goes to show that if you stay after it the numbers add up. Within a month I should also go over 15 million pounds lifted during the same 5+ years. Gotta keep showing up every day.

Hope you have a great Easter Sunday! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment