Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Taking the Day Off

I'm supposed to run 6 X 50m hill/sled but decided not to until I get this sciatica looked at. It warms up and feels fine and I can do all of my training, but late in the day and in the early morning it really hurts and I can hardly get comfortable. I haven't had this in 15 years when I got it a few times in a row, it was from doing heavy squats and cleans. Coincidentally on Friday I was lifting squats, and though I didn't get injured, I strained harder than usual. That night I was having some serious spasms in my right piriformis.

I will see Ashley for a tortuous massage today and Dr. Clouthier tomorrow. Between the two of them I will be in great hands. You know how it is, I want to go run right now but I'll go on the side of caution.

Have a great day and thanks for the support. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment