Monday, April 19, 2010

New Plan

Though after to 3-4 weeks I'll resume training I'm mentally calling it a season. Since I'm not going to Sacramento, my two target meets are June 5, and June 12, so there is no way I can safely be at the level I want to be by those dates.

The plan is to start at a very low level with my jumps and spend a week or two on each pole, starting with one I can jump on from two steps. If I can get over 13' on my 13' poles then I should be much more technically efficient when I get to the big ones. I have a 14 week running program that I will do one rotation when I start back, and then repeat it again with the sled. Because the poles are small for the first 2-3 months I can jump 2-3 days per week. I've really lost touch with some technical issues so I'm very excited to do this.

I figure I will be ready to go at a pretty high level by late July or early August, but since I'm skipping Sacramento I'll wait until the Texas Senior Games at the end of October. I have the state record for M55 at 3.97m (13' 1/4") so I would like to try and bump that up, especially since the National Senior Games will be here next year.

A year ago today my mom died. I miss her of course but not at the expense of her suffering from illness. I'm glad she's at peace and I feel she is still here with me. Every now and then I pick up the phone to call her and tell her something. Great lady!

Have a wonderful day! Bubba

PS - still in great pain but I know it will get better and that I won't be so dumb this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment