Friday, April 2, 2010

?????????????

More questions. My right groin is still a little sore from yesterday but not injured. When I hurt it at Oshkosh last year at Outdoor Nationals I thought it was a little two week ding and then promptly turned it into something bigger and keeping me out of the National Senior Games. Then I could take my right toe and push against a wall and feel some pain all the way up into my groin. That's not the case today as I feel no pain at all when I do that. Its probably the result of quick leg movement from short run jumping yesterday. If you remember, I was worried that might happen in Boston last week and it didn't.

The good news is that the arm is very close to 100%. I'll skip Sunday's jump rotation and bump up the sled running. I was leaning toward that as my plan anyway because I am sore from yesterday.

I'm trying to condition my body for 14' (4.27m)+ vaults which will require a 13' 5 - 9 (4.10-20m) grip on my new 14' 7" (4.45m) poles. I know I can do this and I'm much closer than it seems as evidenced by blowing through bigger poles with a high grip yesterday from only 23' (8 M). I'm pretty sure my legs can handle that jump right now and I'm 85% the upper body can. Just have to stay after the lifting and running no matter what is going on with the rest of me.

At this point I will probably blow off the Brazos Valley Senior Games on 4/25. I'll say I'm 50/50. I really dislike Sunday meets because of how it screws with my training schedule plus I don't know if their conditions are any good. Also we're going to Hawaii the following week so I think I'd rather drive up to Kris and get a big pole practice session in with him.

This leaves me three big meets and some All Comer meets to put up a decent outdoor mark which should be plenty with the way my body has been coming around. I know it doesn't sound like it today but this little groin thing is much more a precaution than an actual concern. How else do you explain big poles at Nationals a week ago with no issues compared to a little ding yesterday on small poles? All I can do is stick with it, and grind it out until we go top Hawaii. We're only there for four days (1/2 business) so it will serve as a nice little phase break from training.

Thanks for the support guys and gals. This event can sure be frustrating but as long as I can avoid big injuries I can keep progressing physically even if I can't jump. That always pays off in the long run. There is nothing harder nor more necessary than bumping up your level of conditioning when you can't jump. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment