Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New Workout Plan Is Done

I'll post the details on the website but Kris and I finished it yesterday and I got my spreadsheet set up for it tonight. I will come back from Hawaii and take a two week ramp up to full activities without much regard to what level I'm at. Just get the work done without flaring anything.

From there I will have two 14 week periods (4 x 7 week phases), back to back, which puts me at a start point for high level jumping on December 4, the date of Kris' first indoor meet and the first week that indoor marks can count for next year. The first 14 week period comes at the end of August which gives me a chance to put up a decent outdoor mark before the season closes on 8/31.

The total time from the start through the World Masters Championships in Sacramento is 64 weeks. Obviously I will put up record numbers of lifts and bar reps since it is a very long year. The hardest part will be the summer grind when every one else is going to the fun meets I would like to jump in. I've got to look long term here or I'll be stuck at 4m next year and that wont cut it. I've always said that impatience means you have no confidence in your plan. Kris and I feel very good about this and are committed to the grind. Have a great evening. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment