Friday, April 16, 2010

The Long & Winding Road

Iced a lot yesterday and things started feeling a little better. Last night I started thinking about what and when I could add to ease back to training without running or vaulting. This morning I was able to stand a full one minute before the nerve pain started radiating so bad I had to lay down or sit down; same as yesterday.

Saw Dr. Cloutier this morning and did not get the same immediate relief I got yesterday from the acupuncture. Went to my massage and got trashed so of course everything hurts much more now than when I got there. As I told Ashley, "it hurts to stand, sit, lay on my back or lay on my front. Not much fun at all.

With all of this said, I feel like I am leaning toward improvement because I do now go through periods of more mobility and my hips feel more loose. Ashely says I have the femur head jammed into the hip socket and I won't get relief until it drops out and that won't happen until the muscle spasms let go; hence all of my treatment efforts.

How fast things change. Lat night I'm thinking about my ramp up to vaulting and today I'm just wanting the nerve pain to stop. I don't have an injury, just a nerve impingement caused by a very minor strain that I never felt happen. It reminds me of this friend of mine who was a big strong body builder type and he threw his back out switching clothes from the washer to the dryer. I haven't had this in 15 years and it wouldn't bother me to go another 30 without it again.

Have a great day and thanks for the support. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment