Thursday, April 1, 2010

First Vault Day

I make these specific plans and have a very methodical rationale and then POOF - it's gone. The tiny poles I wanted to jump on today were gone to a meet with our high school kids so I started on my 4m pole series. You know, the one I wasn't supposed to get to until a week from Monday.

Much to my surprise my 16.3 (167/75.9 kg) and 15.9 (171/77.7 kg) were both too small from 23' or four steps. Normally I need to be at 33' or six steps for these though I have occasionally been able to use them from four. However I have never blown through them from four. I guess it's the lifting/running grind I stayed on when I couldn't vault. I was gripping nearly 12' (3.65m) from 23' (8m) run and I needed the next pole. Not a bad start.

Nothing special as technically I was pretty rusty. I cleared 11' (3.35m) and got in nine total jumps but stopped when I felt my groin area fatiguing at take off. I'll try to repeat this again on Sunday and if not then I'll just do my running and lifting. The good news is that I think the arm is well now. That said I will stay off the bars for another week.

Very happy with the session but of course I will wait a day or so and see if I have any surprises though I doubt it. The gym felt very strong as well. Very cool to be back to a regular full practice session. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment