Saturday, February 19, 2011

Good Run/Drill Day

My choice to bail on Thursday's workout proved to be a good one as today my legs felt pretty spectacular. I did a number of sprint drills with a heavy pole over the 50m hill and alternated them with a sled pull for a total of 15 reps. I also did a lot of plant drills with the big pole.

Two weeks from today I jump at indoor nationals in Albuquerque. Found out last night that we jump at 1 PM with a field of 15 vaulters listed below. "NM" means "No Mark" but there are 5-6 guys in the top 7 in the world in this field, including indoor American Recordholder, Kirk Bentz, who set that record at this meet last year. This is the strongest M55 field in history by far with four guys over 4.10m (13' 5 1/4" in red) and at no other meet has even 13' (3.97m) gotten 2nd place.

55-59 Men's Pole Vault
Michael Hogan - 12-6
Sid Hoff - 11-0
Charlie Bing - 10-6
Doug Sparks - 4.10
Russell Jacquet-Acea - 2.90
David Angel - NM
Kirk Bentz - NM
Charles Brown - NM
Bob Crites - NM
Stuart Hancock - NM
Mark Herman - NM
Gary Hunter - NM
Donald Keller - NM
Gerrod Smith - NM
Brad Winter - NM

I just have to take care of me. Pay attention to what I do, how I do it, stay on track and block out everything else. Sounds simple. I think I need another meet day distraction like Reno. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment