Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Plan Feels Right

Went out this morning before our high school invitational to watch Don jump and to get in my hill/sled/pole drills. Also had to pack and label the poles for shipment Monday morning. The loading dock was closed so I'll have to get there before 9 AM Monday. They should get to Albuquerque by Wednesday or Thursday and I jump on Saturday.

Again I felt remarkably good for being one week out. Not sure if this is from my activities, or lack of, for the last two days or from the way I've mixed in my sprint drills with a heavy pole in conjunction with my sled/hills. I've got to think it's a little of both.

My last gym day is tomorrow and it's a pretty snappy and easy one. The focus now is on more recovery and LOTS of stretching. All I can do is hope to show up feeling really good. I know I'm not injured or dinged in any way so that's nice, but feeling sharp would be a plus. At that point it's up to me to execute and of course anything can happen then. Today I saw two of our boys move through to the biggest poles they had ever used; one PRd and the other lost his timing. Mine could go either way too. Same thing for our girls as one moved her poles well and really executed nicely and the other didn't move up poles fast enough to get the height she deserved. I'm hoping to learn a little from what I saw.

Today the elites have their national meet at our same venue. http://www.usatf.org/events/2011/USAIndoorTFChampionships/ It will be on ESPN tomorrow from 4:30 to 6. The runway is supposed be super fast but I'll query some of my friends afterwards to see what they thought. A week from right now and I will be done. Going to be an interesting week. Thanks for staying tuned! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment