Sunday, February 27, 2011

Note to My Coach

I've got a great coach in Kris Allison. We plan, adjust, plan, and adjust a million times since I started back in January of 2005. So I thought today my blog could just be my thoughts as written to him this morning. Have a great day! Bubba
-----------------------------
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Kris. Watched the webcast of the elite guys last night in Albuquerque and everyone was blowing through HUGE poles. Brad Walker blew through BAD on his very first jump at 5.66m and he was on the 5.20m/12.8 that he set the AR on. Jordan Scott blew through all three jumps on three different poles. Even the winner, Mark Hollis looked WAY under poled and I'm sure he was on big ones. I've already sent him (and Jordan) an email to find out about his thoughts on the facility and pole progression.

I've gotta think I'll get to my biggest pole with the standards at 80 cm, and right now I'm about 3-4 pounds down from Reno and I feel great. Should have a good day if I just pay attention to detail. BTW - pole pick up is tomorrow so please send me the return waybill.

In other news, your former kids did well yesterday when Jason Colwick (The San Martian) got 2nd to Holis at USAs with 5.40m, and Ari Inci jumped 4.10m for Rice to set a conference record.

That's it. Thanks for everything Dude! I'll talk to you before I fly out on Friday. Bubba

PS - This just in from NCAA Champion, Jordan Scott
Jordan Scott Yes sir! The runway is really fast and kinda tricky. I was focusing on being tall and maintaining my rhythm so I wouldnt be running too fast and outta control. It was great though. Just take some big sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment