Thursday, February 24, 2011

Voices in My Head

Got an email from my friend, Kirk Bentz last night about contact info for another vaulter. Kirk is the M55 Indoor American Record Holder. In the email Kirk said his body was feeling bad but he'd come to nationals and give it a shot. To me that means he will probably improve his AR. But of course it made me look at my own body condition.

Yesterday when I did my running/sleds/hills/pole drills I felt good but my legs were a little tight even though I have been stretching. So I show up to the gym this morning and one of the four Gauntlet Stairmasters is broken, two are occupied, and the last one had some idiot's towel and water on it in the "Pause" mode with no one near it. CRAP! OK, move to the next item, the seated leg press. A trainer is sitting there with a 60 year old lady and they are talking about her grand kids. For 10 minutes they do not move. I go to the next two and have some other similar ridiculous interference so I just walked out the door and left. No wonder I don't go this time of day.

My voices have been telling me to be super careful with everything since I'm now only nine days out. After all, I'm not getting any stronger or faster between now and nationals so don't risk it. So let's review;
  • Somewhat tight legs when running
  • Kirk's body hurting email
  • Can't get to my first four pieces of equipment in the gym
  • Have a four hour drive ahead of me this morning
All of these add up to the decision to do NOTHING. Of course this is very against my nature but I'm trying to turn "Nature" into "Mature" so we will see how it plays out. For now I feel it's the best decision or I wouldn't keep hearing these warning voices. I'll have to find other ways to try and feel better today.

All the best and have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment