Thursday, March 1, 2012

Start the Fire - AGAIN!!

As a guy who has always worked for himself, I have had the ability to juggle my schedule somewhat so that I can make time to workout.  Of course there are busy times and travel times that this is impossible.  I'm sure it is no surprise that I am as accountable or more to myself for work so there is a constant struggle going on to get both done.  Needless to say work takes the front seat. 

Because of this I have had two days off.  I HATE that because it is so hard to get started again.  I remember reading about Lance Armstrong during the Tour de France where he said he loves yet hates the day off.  Your body and mind need it but you feel so bad trying to get back in the groove the day after the rest.  Mentally and physically it is just so hard to restart after one day, so two days is even more miserable.  I can't imagine a month or so.

All of this said I got a good gym lift and also got to the track to get my 10 X 50m stadium ramps done.  It felt good to be out there but DANGIT I find it so hard to get out of the door.  Glad it's done.  I will train every day through Tuesday and then break for work and the drive up the coast to the Bay Area for the California Senior Games.  Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Glad I made it!  Bubba

Billy Joel's, "We Didn't Start the Fire" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g&ob=av2e

No comments:

Post a Comment