Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Working For A Living

I always say the hardest part about training is getting past that, "working for a living" thing.  It dominates your time, energy, focus, etc.  That's life and we all face that.  I feel like I'm slowly starting to win that battle back over in that I'm letting it go during my workouts and trying to get the most again out of each component.

Though I could survive or maintain on one good 4-5 day rotation a week I won't get better doing that.  I fully expect I will move in and out of this type of rotation as I settle and get re-established in Southern California and work, but come this summer, the grind begins for next year's worlds.  I will HAVE to have my system down by then and I'm starting to feel I will.

This morning I had a call at 6:30 that went until 8.  No breakfast, hadn't dug through my email, etc., so by the time I got off I felt way behind. I just let that stress go and methodically went through my normal routines and then headed out to the garage.  I knew that today is supposed to be a double lift, garage and then gym, since I missed the garage yesterday.  Somehow I just cruised on through and let the stress go and got them both done and felt great about it.  I guess my attitude toward being behind cannot stop me from making myself skip or short change training.

The GREAT news was that I did my regular lunges with my regular weights and did not feel the ding behind the top of my right leg.  Great day and a little more momentum gained.  Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Bubba

Huey Lewis and The News - "Working For A Living" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N2CANatVYQ

No comments:

Post a Comment