Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mad Men Across the Water

Commonwealth Games silver medalist, and about to be visiting, Steve Lewis (left), along with World and Olympic Champion Steve Hooker (center). Please click to enlarge.

Back to my bleacher ramps today and I felt really good with no pain.  YEAH!!  I have four more sessions like that, maybe five before the meet on the 15th.  WAY too many things up in the air between now and then.  Possible double business travel, and a bunch of logistics of the sale of our house in Texas are nearly done.  That said, I'm home until at least a week from Monday so I can continue to kick butt on training.  More than likely I'm off to Denver, the city I love more each time I go.

In other news, I got a message from former University of Texas coaching guru, Dan Pfaff, who was smartly recruited by Great Britain a few years ago to get their team ready to impress at the 2012 London Olympics.  He and a large contingent of their Olympic Team are returning to train in Southern California as they have for years. 

Among them, vaulter Steve Lewis, pictured above.  I communicating through my friend Simon Arkell and Dan directly to set up some time to have some of the team over for a beach day type BBQ since they are staying only a town or two over.  Very much looking forward to catching up and sharing their growing excitement as the Olympic Games near.  Of course I will share photos and stories here.  Have a great evening and thanks for being here.  Bubba

Salute to the original madman Across the Water, Elton John - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaOw7TETIqI

No comments:

Post a Comment