Thursday, December 10, 2009

Another Day at the Office

Good lift day in the cold garage today. It was 32 (0 C) so I turned on the space heater to warm the place up a little before I got out there so it wasn't too bad. It's like anything else; if you decide you're doing it no matter what it has a way of getting done. I love having a schedule. It's just so much easier when I don't have a choice or have to think.

Speaking of schedules, Don wants me to jump with him tomorrow, which is my rest day. I may be OK with that unless the weather is better Saturday. On Monday, Don's having a very painful injection in his pubic symphasis - right in the soft center where the two pieces of the pubic bone come together. I've had this before and the injection works. This should put an end to nearly two years of on and off training for him. Between that and the fact that we're both jumping next weekend in Dallas, I'm trying to be flexible with his schedule.

My REAL motivation for jumping Friday would be to get to vault again Monday, whereas if I stayed on schedule for Saturday, that would be my last day until the meet the following Saturday. It's more of a curiosity since it would be five days from Monday to Saturday and I want to train between the two. I will have five days between USATF's Elite Nationals and World Masters Indoors in Canada so I'm thinking this would give me an early look into what that might feel like so I can make training adjustments.

That's it for today. Thanks for being here and have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment