Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Waiting for the Rain

Today is my off day as I travel to see my client/partners. It's 73 today and the rain is clearing out. Supposed to be 48/58 tomorrow so that's workable for a training day. Not that I have a choice.

The only revelation I have made is that I will continue to lift twice a week (four sessions) and get all three running days in even on weeks I have a meet. I can't afford to have that much down/rest time like I take before a big meet. I especially need to crank back up my upper body strength so I can overpower some bigger poles. I think that is the biggest difference in my vault since I switched over to utilizing all of this hand pressure. I used to be more of a "swing" vaulter and now I'm using more power. Not to say that the years of being a swing vaulter haven't paid off, but I'm now dependent upon explosive upper body to move big poles. I like it a lot better but I can't afford to miss my lifting. I'm not intimidated by big poles because I know I can use both speed and power to move them. That's a good feeling.

That's it for today. I'll report back tomorrow. No meet this weekend but I have one near Dallas next weekend. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment