Thursday, December 24, 2009

Front Levers

Getting ready to go lift but I found this video of a guy doing front levers on a high bar. I use this as an explanation of what I have changed in my vault to get on bigger poles. I used to hit the pole, release the tension (not realizing it) to get vertical, and then try and catch the pole again before/as it came out. As a result I could get deep in the pit until the bar went up and then I couldn't get in enough to make it. Clearly I was losing too much energy.

What I do now is make no attempt to go vertical but rather stay upright as long as possible and try and force my hands up and over until they are in front of my face. Some place along this path the hips will automatically come up. As long as you don't break at the hips at this point, the pole will roll forward and get you in deeper even on the biggest pole. It's definitely a mental discipline but it works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfGAtWLXoYQ

Have a great Christmas Eve! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment